The term "Super Tuscan" was invented in the early 1980's to include wines not included in Italy, such as Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah.
This defnition was invented because Tuscan wine producers where tired of the bureaucracy: they wanted to be more creative, try different blends, but they would not be able to label their wine with the classical and permitted appellations (ie Chianti, etc.). Then, in 1992, fnally Italy introduced the legal appellation of IGT wines, which includes Super Tuscans too. You will meet this special type of wine in Nipozzano, a 1000 years old winery, the Florentine property of Frescobaldi family, wine producers since the Middle Age.
At Nipozzano you will visit their cellar and taste 3 different wines. Then the tour will continue at the world renowned Ruffno summer where their fantastic wines will be paired with food. 4 meals of their production. At the end of the meal, dessert and grappa tasting will conclude the day.
- Sommelier / wine expert driver-guide
- Luxury Mercedes minivan
- Pick up and drop off at your local stay
- Full lunch with wine tasting at Ruffno Estate
- Visit and wine tasting in the afternoon at the Tenuta di Nipozzano of Frescobaldi Family
- About 6hr experience
- Tour available by luxury minivan Mercedes or Helicopter