Florentine Renaissance marks the pinnacle of the craftsman’s figure affirmation: he is an artist, a maker, yet somebody who creates new techniques and styles. Venturing into the less busy areas, one can easily find those craftsmen who were the pride and wealth of Dante’s time. New shops were opened on a daily basis and slowly became meeting points where artisans consolidated their reputations while enhancing their creative skills. Still today, these little shops produce the most refined objects of desire in the entire world.
Join our tour and discover the amazing secrets of Italian Master Craftsmen, handed down from generation to generation.
The most famous of Florentine artisanal works are traditionally and historically done in Santo Spirito, a square located in the Oltrarno quarter, hosting the Church with the same name, a number of small ateliers and the city’s finest jewelers. You have now the opportunity to see artisans at work, in their own laboratories, with our custom-made experience.
One of our highly qualified tour guides will accompany you inside Santo Spirito’s Church to admire its unique interiors and especially the wooden crucifix made by Michelangelo, today preserved in the sacristy, a unique opportunity to discover a centenary culture while touring stunning Florence.
- Visit of the Basilica di Santo Spirito or Santo Croce square according to clients' preferences
- Visit of, at least, 3 artisan boutiques according to clients' preferences
- Private tour for small groups
- Departure from an agreed meeting point or from your hotel
- Professional guide
- Return to an agreed meeting point or to your hotel
- About 3 hours tour
- Languages: Italian, English + French and Spanish on request